1. Alabama – I don’t see them having a problem with Mississippi State.
2. Oregon – Second string Oregon is being too nice this year. Allowing TDs and the offense doesn’t get much done.
3. Kansas State – Collin Klein became the Heisman favorite after a beating of West Virginia. Their defense made Geno look human by grabbing two INTs, and could have been more.
4. Florida – I don’t want to know how you only have 186 total yards and win 44-11, but they did it.
5. Notre Dame – Don’t like them winning @ Oklahoma.
6. LSU – LSU’s battle vs Alabama next week won’t be #1 vs #2, but both teams will be in the top 5 or should be.
7. Oklahoma – Oklahoma burned Kansas on special teams and cruised to a win over the only Big XII team that doesn’t play offense or defense.
8. Oregon State – Cody Vaz was solid again replacing Sean Mannion, but the defense did the work forcing four turnovers.
9. Ohio State – As an Ohio State fan, I don’t get how this team beat Purdue. Clueless. Big game vs Penn State in the real division title game which counts for nothing.
10. Florida State – FSU will have to continue on without senior RB Chris Thompson who was on his way to 1,000+ this year. They should get by Duke, but who knows.
11. Louisville – Slowly creeping up the polls because they are unbeaten. Got past USF in a trap game, and face a former undefeated who couldn’t do the same this past week.
12. Texas Tech – If Seth Doege continues to play like he did vs TCU, he can join the Heisman race. Travel to K-State and they have a shot.
13. Georgia – The Dawgs barely beat Kentucky. Not sure if it was a letdown game/looking ahead to Florida, but don’t count them out this week.
14. USC – Matt Barkley finally looked like what we thought he was going to be this season vs. Colorado. Then it again, it was Colorado. Next two: at AZ, then vs Oregon.
15. Clemson – Despite being outgained by 100+ yards, they forced 4 VT turnovers to get a 21-pt win.
16. South Carolina – Two weeks ago, South Carolina fans were dreaming of a BCS NC berth in January. Now they will be in one of those early daytime January bowl games.
17. Mississippi State – Will feel the wrath of the Crimson Tide this week. But hey, they probably won’t fall very far with a loss.
18. Rutgers – Possible trap game vs 6-1 Kent State this week. Still hasn’t beaten like anyone. Will slowly rise if they stay unbeaten.
19. Stanford – Should win up to where they face Oregon St. and Oregon in back to back weeks.
20. Texas A&M – Three games on the road, first they should have no problem with Auburn. Two after that? Miss St. and Alabama.
21. Ohio – They should be big Penn State fans this week. A 24-14 win in Happy Valley looks better by the week.
22. Boise State – In cruise conrol.
23. Louisiana Tech – Crucifed Robb Akey (fired yesterday) in a game where they would have had 1,000+ yards of offense if they didn’t take out their starters in a 70-21 blowout in the early third Q.
24. Toledo – Upset Cincinnati, only loss was at Arizona. After a big high, they shouldn’t lose in Buffalo this week.
25. NC State – Arguably the best win of any team lurking around the bottom end of the poll, so that’s why they are here.
Michigan – Continuing to look better. Big game in Lincoln this week.
Texas – That great Texas D folks. Can’t rank them because they have looked like WVU on defense recently.
West Virginia – LOL nice D
Wisconsin – Should win out until they host Ohio State on 11/17.
Duke – Congrats on 6 wins. Good luck with Florida State.
Last Week 3-3
Upset Alert LW 1-2
Games to Pick This Week
Cincinnati at Louisville (Fri)
Texas Tech at Kansas State
Florida vs Georgia
Ohio State at Penn State
Notre Dame at Oklahoma