Last Week Picks Recap
Last Week: 4-2
Upset Watch: 1-2
Slow Starts: 2-0
1. Alabama – No reason to move for now.
2. Oregon – Big game at Arizona State on Thursday.
3. Kansas State – Win at Oklahoma continues to look good. Iowa State is hard to win on the road at, ask 2011 Oklahoma State.
4. Notre Dame – 13 points was the second most they’ve given up all year (Purdue – 17). Big game in two weeks, but don’t overlook a visit to BYU.
5. Florida – Nothing impressive from a 14-point win (score decieving) over a team that has beaten Presbyterian and Missouri.
6. LSU – I think they can get outscored by A&M and lose this week, but they move up for beating South Carolina.
7. Oklahoma – They beat the crap out of Texas. Really should be known as a 63-15 win if not for a garbage time TD.
8. Oregon State – Picked up another good win to go into collection this year at BYU, where they were not favored without Sean Mannion. Cody Vaz played excellent throwing for 332 & 3 TDs.
9. Ohio State – As soon as the clock struck Midnight, the Buckeyes went to sleep and allowed Indiana to cut an 18-point lead to a 3-point lead in under a minute. Braxton still playing great, defense not so much.
10. South Carolina – Marcus Lattimore saw 24 touches in a blowout vs. Georgia, so why only 13 vs. LSU? Connor Shaw threw some costly INTs.
11. Georgia – Bye. Florida next week and then easy mode rest of the way.
12. Louisville – Called that slow start before going on a 31-7 run. Ran for 5 TDs so Bridgewater didn’t have to do it all.
13. Florida State – What does FSU have in common with Army this year? They beat Boston College.
14. Clemson – Virginia Tech is an interesting one this week.
15. USC – Me and the computers agree – USC hasn’t beaten much of anyone – they average to put USC #15. We’ll know more on Nov. 3 and Nov. 24. Sadly no game vs. Oregon State.
16. Texas Tech – This ranking might not be here for long, but wow. Next three: @ TCU, @ KSU, vs Texas
17. West Virginia – Knew their bad defense would catch up to them eventually. Now they get Collin Klein and Kansas State.
18. Cincinnati – Incredibly underrated AT game vs a 1-loss Toledo team (at Arizona), better not look ahead to a visit to Louisville next Friday night.
19. Texas A&M – Looked like they were going to throttle LA Tech, but then allowed them back into the game. Manziel did enough to outscore the Tech (and they can thank two dropped 2-pt conversions)
20. Mississippi State – Things really get harder for the team with the most difficult schedule in the nation with an incredible home game vs. the big boys of Middle Tennessee State this week!!!!
21. Rutgers – Really underrated game on the 27th vs a rising Kent State squad. This team doesn’t score points, but they have played the likes of Tulane, USF, Arkansas, UConn, and Syracuse.
22. Ohio – Quietly unbeaten.. They travel to Miami of Ohio this week, before finishing out the rest of their season on weekdays, so that could help them get attention as the games will be on ESPN.
23. Stanford – Nunes didn’t play well, and I think that last play was a TD, so who knows.
24. Boise State – They should be 10-1 when they travel to Reno, Nevada on Dec 1st.
25. Arizona State – 9th in PPG allowed in the NCAA (14), boy things will change this week as they host Oregon on Thursday night. Next four: Oregon, UCLA at Oregon St., at USC. Ouch.
TCU – Host Texas Tech this week. Big turn around for TCU’s new starting QB Boykin: 22-30, 261yds, 4 TDs vs Baylor, although we’ve seen how good Baylor’S D is.
Louisiana Tech – Biggest game left is vs. Utah State on November 17th. Only a two-point loss, alot closer than the brains of ESPN and SEC fans thought it would be
Texas – Two straight years, two straight beatdowns. Two easier games coming up then Texas Tech, Iowa State, TCU and KSU to finish the year.
Michigan – Have looked good in their last two games. Their last six outside of Minnesota: MSU, Nebraska, NW, Iowa and Ohio State.
NC State – Still here because they beat Florida State and control their own destiny in the ACC Atlantic.
Western Kentucky – Only loss is a 35-0 L at Alabama. This week? A de facto SBC title game: Louisiana Monroe at Western Kentucky
Nevada – BYE this past week.
Games I’ll Pick This Week (Friday)
LSU at Texas A&M
South Carolina at Florida
Texas Tech at TCU
Kansas State at West Virginia
Cincinnati at Toledo
Louisiana-Monroe at Western Kentucky