Texas vs Oklahoma, neutral site, Noon ET – ABC
- I think Oklahoma will get it done on Saturday. Texas’s defense will give up some points like they have done recently, close game though. Oklahoma 35-31
Kansas State at Iowa State, Noon ET – FX
- Iowa State pulled off a predictable upset over TCU last week, and get Kansas State at home. This one may be close at halftime but expect KSU to get it done. Kansas State 34-17
Stanford at Notre Dame, 3:30PM ET – NBC
- Notre Dame has a great defense, and Stanford’s offense has been great at times this year or completely missing (Washington). Josh Nunes had quietly had a great game last week in a comeback vs. Arizona. I have to give the advantage to the Irish at home. Notre Dame 28-21
Oregon State at BYU, 3:30PM ET – ABC Regional/ESPN Reverse/Alternate – 3:30PM
- The loss of Sean Mannion hurts majorly. So much that BYU is actually favored in this game. Oregon State believes in Cody Vaz, if Vaz leads the Beavers to a convincing win, relief should spread through Beaver Nation. If Oregon State loses this game, they will always wonder what if Mannion was still playing? I think the Beavers survive barely. Oregon State 21-17.
South Carolina at LSU, 8:00PM – ESPN
- The Gamecocks are the better team, but I see this being a low scoring affair in Death Valley. Alabama/LSU 2011 low scoring? Maybe, but two TDs wins this game. South Carolina 17-9.
Texas A&M at Louisiana Tech, 9:00PM ET – ESPNU
- This game could easily go over 100 points. Or this game could be an A&M blowout with Louisiana Tech unable to score anything. This is Louisiana Tech’s opportunity to make a real splash in the college football world. Win and they could see themselves in a BCS bowl if they go 12-0. If not, the WAC will once again be forgotten in it’s final year of football (for now). I think Colby Cameron leads LA Tech to an upset, 49-45 Bulldogs.
Upset Watch, Week 7
Duke over Virginia Tech – Duke could make pigs fly with a 6-1 record, with a win you could see Duke in the top 25 next week.
North Carolina over Miami – It’s the ACC, who knows?
Washington over USC – It’s at Washington, the Huskies beat Stanford, who beat USC, and Washington upset USC in 2009 & 2010, so it’s possible Barkley could go 1-3 vs Washington.
Slow Start Watch, Week 7
Louisville at Pittsburgh – 11:00AM ET kickoff and on the road could lead to bad things early for Louisville. Don’t be surprised if Pittsburgh is leading Louisville at the half.
Florida at Vanderbilt – It’s the dreaded ESPNU SEC early evening kickoff time – which has seen upsets (Arkansas, mainly) and crappy performances (LSU/Towson). Florida may come out and look like utter crap for a half or three quarters and pull it out late.